The Almond Advantage
Almond Solicitors is constantly evolving by continuously improving its people, systems, processes and strategies to ensure that not only do we remain on top of our game, but also ensure that clients are given maximum value for patronage.
What We Do
- Company Registration
We have simplified processes involved in registering a company in Nigeria. We have made it easy for individuals and companies to register their business. We can manage the company registration process for potential clients, ensuring that the company formation goes smoothly and efficiently so the business can commence efficiently and speedily.
- Company Secretarial Services
We act as company secretaries by ensuring the following:
- Arranging and coordinating meetings of the Board of Directors, Board Committees and General Meetings;
- Attending Board meetings and drafting of the minutes from these meetings;
- Preparing and distributing minutes, Board papers and other documentation relating to the meetings;
- Maintaining the corporate seal and statutory registers (including minute books, register of Directors and their interests, share certificate booklets, etc.);
- Applying changes to the Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Incorporation, such as transfer of shares and change of Directors;
- Filing of all statutory returns, relevant resolutions, changes in the composition of the board or the shareholding structure, and consulting in regards to corporate governance and extant applicable laws.
- Provided research papers and legal opinion as a guide for Management and board decisions.
- Dealt with all corporate governance inquiries.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the operations of the business thereby keeping the company free from regulatory infractions and reputational risks.
- Corporate Governance Consultancy Services
Evaluate board processes, structure, composition of the Board of Directors and Board Committees and advise on compliance with Corporate Governance obligations and the requirements of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, extant Codes of Corporate Governance and best international practice.
- Compliance & RegulatoryS Services
We believe good compliance practice is about identifying trends that can lead to future issues, then taking action to mitigate those risks. We assist in identifying extant rules and regulations that our corporate clients need to comply with and also assist in interfacing with regulators leveraging on our relationships in ensuring our clients are free from regulatory breaches and accompanying reputational damage.
- Legal Drafting & Agreements
Our expert legal team is made up of qualified lawyers who are skilled at handling any type of legal analysis, legal drafting, or legal documentation with a quick turnaround time. We can also function as back office legal process outsourcing partner and efficiently manage client’s legal drafting, legal documentation, or legal analysis requirements.
We approcach our agreements with a understanding that errors can lead to a compromise in the client’s position and ensure we have the protection of the client’s interests.
- Intellectual Property
Our Intellectual property team appreciate the importance of protecting and leveraging brands, idea, invention, innovation and creative works, as such we understand the commercial issue which arises from IP disputes and we provide innovative and strategic solutions to address these issues.
- Real Estate
We represent a wide variety of clients in structuring, financing, negotiating and documenting real estate projects.
We help our clients address issues that arise in the area of employment, pension, work health and safety, and work place training. By being abreast with regulatory requirements, we provide cost effective and commercial advice to enable our clients realise their business objectives.
We assist clients prepare immigration applications and advise the best approach to ensuring the success of their immigration application.
- Litigation, Arbitration And Negotiation.
Our aim is to represent our clients in the line with best practices in law.
As we constantly keep our clients’ long term goals and objectives in view, we endeavour to negotiate and pursue results that make good business sense. We provide insight, strategies and legal opinions on complex and technical areas of the law.
Our lawyers have represented various reputable companies, organisations and government agencies in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters in the superior courts of record in Nigeria.
As a Firm interested in providing qualitative service for its clientele without the restriction of borders and jurisdictions, Almond Solicitors has developed close professional relationships with several leading law firms world wide, resulting in extensive access to law and practice in different jurisdictions.